Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What mods are available for 1.0 ecoboost 140

Casper18

Hi! 

I picked up my new Focus ST Line X on Monday and I am wondering whether anyone has got any info on whether there are any available upgrades to the 1.0 Ecoboost (140) that are warranty friendly?

I looked at changing the air filter, but there seems to be a lot for the Fiesta 1.0 (140) but nothing for the focus. Does anyone know whether they would fit? 

Thanks

car 1_LI-min.jpg

Car 2_LI-min.jpg

CAr 4-min.jpg

In my opinion the best air filter upgrade for the Focus MK3 is the Focus RS air filter housing combined with a K&N E-9289 air filter.

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor Focus RS air filter housing K&N

I have this combination in my 1.0 ECOboost for quite some time now and am quite happy with it. The induction sound is a lot more noticeable (without being irritating)
and the engine runs a bit smoother.
  • Like 1

Mountune are ford warranty friendly and have got quite a few parts for the 1.0 Eco.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

On 6/7/2018 at 5:18 PM, JW1982 said:

In my opinion the best air filter upgrade for the Focus MK3 is the Focus RS air filter housing combined with a K&N E-9289 air filter.

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor Focus RS air filter housing K&N

I have this combination in my 1.0 ECOboost for quite some time now and am quite happy with it. The induction sound is a lot more noticeable (without being irritating)
and the engine runs a bit smoother.

Do you really see any benefit from the RS lid without any kind of bonnet vent above it to provide cool air? Seems to me it would just allow the ambient hot air from the engine bay directly into the air box.

The Focus MK3.5 RS does not have bonnet vents. The lid of the RS airbox is much higher than the lid of the standard airbox. The rubber seal on top of the RS airbox forms a seal between the lid and the bonnet. Because of the seal the engine can only take air from the front of the engine bay. The RS air filter housing is basically the Ford equivalent of an open air filter with heat shielding.

Next to the lid the RS air filter housing also has a larger air snorkel behind the front grille and an additional air intake hose between the snorkel and the air filter housing. 

In my opinion the 1.0 ECOboosts benefits from the RS air filter housing combined with the K&N E-9289 air filter. The engine runs a bit smoother and revs a bit better.

• Like 2

• 8 months later...
On 6/15/2018 at 12:41 PM, JW1982 said:

The Focus MK3.5 RS does not have bonnet vents. The lid of the RS airbox is much higher than the lid of the standard airbox. The rubber seal on top of the RS airbox forms a seal between the lid and the bonnet. Because of the seal the engine can only take air from the front of the engine bay. The RS air filter housing is basically the Ford equivalent of an open air filter with heat shielding.

Next to the lid the RS air filter housing also has a larger air snorkel behind the front grille and an additional air intake hose between the snorkel and the air filter housing. 

In my opinion the 1.0 ECOboosts benefits from the RS air filter housing combined with the K&N E-9289 air filter. The engine runs a bit smoother and revs a bit better.

Hi Wilco, but did you only install the Lid of the RS airbox? Or the full airbox? as the airbox has a secondary hole for use on ST-RS etc.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club