Sign in to follow this  
Spife

Fiesta Mark 8 1L Ecoboost 140PS fuel economy

Hi guys, this is a general query I'm hoping someone might be able to help with. I've had my ST-Line Fiesta 1L 140PS now for 4 months, and I've noticed the fuel Economy around town isn't as good as my previous 140PS Fiesta.I'm getting around 30-32 MPG around town (even using the "Eco" mode) and I'm wondering if this is normal? My old car was closer to 40 MPG in town. Motorway and higher speed roads are around the same, if not a bit better than the old car.  The only modifications I have are a mountune induction kit (which I had on my old car too). 

Should I be concerned and asking Ford to take a look? Or is this perfectly normal? 

Thanks

There are a number of posts on this in various threads over on the Fiesta forum. Some members who do a lot of town driving report similar mpg to yours, my Mk 8140 is doing mid 40's but I rarely do town or motorway driving, mainly single carriageway A/B/unclassified roads where I seldom get chance to use 6th, so I'm happy with that.