Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync/Infotainment plastic brown?

Loz1970

With the lovely sunny weather I can see that the plastic surround around the Sync screen and buttons are brown, where everything else is black. Are they all the same? Or is it because my car's exterior colour is brown (Canyon Ridge). It just looks out of place.

BrownSync.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone?, I was asking a question!

As this is a Ford direct car, I will go back to them and challenge them over it, as it looks odd, or are they all the same? 

I think it's just the way the plastic is combined with the sun shining on it. I doubt it would be just your car with that colour.

I can't notice any difference to the radio surround and adjacent plastic. I've got sony system too.

It is the same in sunlight on mine and all of them.

H

I've got the Ford system, no difference in colour.

It looks like 5 different colours from your picture!

Mine all looks dark grey. Sync 3, Sony system and manufactured late 2016.  

10DAC24B-B7CD-4527-8E28-F8BEC4AF8858.jpeg

Thanks for the replies, I'm going to pop to a ford dealer with an LED torch as this shows it up easy and check theirs in the show room. I'll not get a chance till next week though, but I'll let you know what I find.

On a side note, it looks poorly fitted too, I've got a gap down the right hand side and not the left, and it doesn't sit flush with my LCD, it's closer at the top but a good couple of millimetres away at the bottom of the LCD so you can see the metal innards of the sync unit beyond the LCD. Certainly doesn't look factory fitted!!

But loving the car, done 3K miles in a month and a half at 38MPG average, very impressed.

They all look like yours when particularly bright sunlight that catches it at a certain angle.

Yep, mine has that brown tinge but only when caught directly in really bright sunlight

Popped down to Trust Ford, they've got a couple of Edges there, and yeah, they're all brown in the Sun. Thanks for the replies, as I've just got the car, thought it was odd. Anyway, I can sleep easy now and embrace the brown!!