Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tyres

Yetiman65

It's looking like 2, maybe 3 (I have previously had to change 1 tyre following a puncture), of my Pirelli Scorpion Verde tyres (255/45 R20) will need changing soon (15000 miles). So do I replace like with like or go for the all weather version of the Pirelli Scorpion Verde (I'd obviously replace all 4) or any other suggestions?  PS on Oponeo the standard tyre is £163 & the all weather version is £161. 

On Monday this week I had all 4 tyres replaced at 22,750 with the original 20" Pirelli Scorpion Verde's.

I used "Tyres on the Drive" and had them fitted at home in the rain. (£907.96 inclusive).

When the time comes I think I'm likely to go for Vredstein Quatrac 5.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/2/2018 at 12:28 PM, KugaEdge said:

When the time comes I think I'm likely to go for Vredstein Quatrac 5.

Just pricing these up on-line, similar price to the Pirelli Scorpion Verde all weather tyres so are the Vredstein's a better tyre in terms of all weather performance & durability? Cheers 

I don't know yet I'm afraid. The only reason I might sway towards the Vreds is because they are rated B for economy over the Verde which is rated C. 

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

I had the Scorps on my Land Rover previously and in the end I went for Goodyear Wranglers.  Superior tyre in every way on the car though on paper the Scorps have it.  I am not saying the wranglers would suit the Edge but the paper and the actual vary so much.

41 minutes ago, AjM said:

I had the Scorps on my Land Rover previously and in the end I went for Goodyear Wranglers.  Superior tyre in every way on the car though on paper the Scorps have it.  I am not saying the wranglers would suit the Edge but the paper and the actual vary so much.

just fitted 4 Vredstein Quatrac 5 so i'll see how I get on with them (£167 per corner + £15 fitting) 

• Like 1

I just bought two fronts of the same as my original Scorpion Verde tyres at 17,000 miles. I looked at Black Circles and several others but decided just to get my dealer to fit them at £223.99 each fitted. They were slightly cheaper online but then I’d have to get them fitted locally and I’m not keen on trusting the local garages with my 20” wheels or to deal with the TPMS issues I’ve heard so much about. I’ll see how long it is before I need to replace the other two. 

I’m about 300 miles behind you so I’ve got this joy to come. 

• 1 month later...

Just put a set of 4 General Grabber GT on my edge.

19 hours ago, Fergieman said:

Just put a set of 4 General Grabber GT on my edge.

Did the same early in the year, great tyre which never missed a beat when the snow hit.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club