Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK8 Turning off Traffic Announcements

dwalker

Hi 

I have a new fiesta with the 8" sync 3 nav system

Unfortunately it keeps switching to traffic announcements, for example when playing music through bluetooth. This is incredibly irritating. How do I turn it off? I have tried pressing where it says "TA" in the top left of the screen but it doesn't seem to do anything?

Thanks

As far as I am aware the only way to switch TA on or off is to have the audio set to a radio station - the TA is then shown as a big button to switch on or off. The TA at the top of the screen is only to show if it is activated or not.

I had similar problem where I was playing music by bluetooth but because of the low volume transmitted  I had to turn up the volume on the Sync 3 - unfortunately, every time TA cut in it was very loud. I was under the impression that if you reset the volume whilst the TA was being transmitted the Sync 3 remembered this volume setting for the next TA - unfortunately it didn't. So after a while I decided to turn off the TA and had to go through the process of changing to radio and then back to bluetooth.

Am I right in saying that when a TA is playing, the 2 on screen options of Cancel and Close both do the same thing? Ie they both stop the current announcement and leave TA turned on? I would have thought that one of them is supposed to turn TA off completely. ..?

Neither of those options switch off the TA option.

Pressing Cancel stops the announcement and takes you back to previous screen - but leaves TA active for the next announcement.

Pressing Close allows you to continue listening to the announcement but takes your screen immediately back - so you can continue to view SatNav etc. If you want to end the announcement early you can give a voice instruction e.g "play usb" or you can go to audio screen and press Browse to select input (there might be other ways but as I don't use the Close option I have not experimented).

A third option to actually Switch Off the TA might have been useful.

• 2 years later...

You can switch it off, basically disconnect your bluetooth, go into your sources click on radio either fm or am(depending on what ure connected with) and you will see the TA on your right side of the screen. Press on it and it will be deactivated. If the TA is activated it will look blue. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club