Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Loctite Thread Lock On Crank and cam bolts??

sonic113
聽Share

After a long wait I'm ready to get the timing kit in this weekend聽馃榿. So i was just wondering has any body used any type of thread lock on the New cam Bolts and The New crank聽bolt up refitting all?

The manual doesn't mention it at all and from reading online it seems to have mixed reviews about using it so just wanted to get option from聽 anyone here who has fitted timeing-belts on these fords.

Thanks In advanced.

No Loctite and always use new bolts.

These bolts are torque to yield bolts. The bolts聽are usually pre-oiled with an assembly oil. This assembly oil makes it a lot easier to obtain the correct torque and angle.聽

On 8/16/2018 at 7:01 AM, JW1982 said:

No Loctite and always use new bolts.

These bolts are torque to yield bolts. The bolts聽are usually pre-oiled with an assembly oil. This assembly oil makes it a lot easier to obtain the correct torque and angle.聽

Thanks wilco. Yes got all new bolts so will just fit as the guide states and not use any form of threadlock.

Thanks

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club