Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OIL LEAK!!!

oilycmax

Hi guys, My husband and I own a 2005 1.6 petrol ford focus cmax. we purchased it a few months ago accident damaged. Very light front ender. All components that were damaged were cosmetic and have been changed and all is good except for....... duh duh DUR! a bloomin oil leak!!!! 

we have replaced the rocker cover gasket thinking it was that as the oil seems to be stemming from the back of the rocker cover. but it is still continuing to leak but from where??? the cam belt, auxillary belt and cogs are free from oil. there is no oil at the front of the engine just from the middle of the rocker cover at the BACK.

my questions are.... I apologise in advance if anything is totally obvious or stupid but new to fords 🙂

do you think the plastic rocker cover is warped? ( as gasket is fitted correctly nothing bulging or twisted )

could the oil filter be clogged and causing back pressure ? as when we had the car it was very low on oil .

do i just need a new engine?

anybody else experienced this with a 2005 1.6 petrol?

Can you confirm it is engine oil leaking. I had power steering fluid leaking, due to a faulty power steering sensor (bad seals). I did the rocker box/cam seal a few months ago due to engine oil seen around spark plugs. Turns out half the middle bolts on engine head were loose.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club