Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help Please, Newbie Here!!!

KaKaKa00

Hi I have a problem with my KA. it's an X reg....

It has just failed it's MOT on:

1. Offside rear (outer sill) Subframe mounting prescribed area is excessively corroded.

2. Offside front (member) Subframe mounting prescribed area is excessively corroded.

Anybody know how this could be fixed via garage?? How much this could cost me? And how I could prevent that happening again?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

ask the garage that done the mot for a price as it's a welding job & it can be done

i would shop around for some prices as they tend to vary but do it quick as

the mot needs to be re-done withing 10 days i think & the garage that done the mot will

only charge you a partial re-test

ask the garage that done the mot for a price as it's a welding job & it can be done

i would shop around for some prices as they tend to vary but do it quick as

the mot needs to be re-done withing 10 days i think & the garage that done the mot will

only charge you a partial re-test

Thanks for the advice :) I phoned up a load of other garages but they don't have time for it.... they have a waiting list of 2-3 weeks!!! :|

So gonna have to have it done with the current one... they cannot give me much of an estimate as they won't know until they "get into it" but I've told them my max budget!!!!!!

Thanks for the advice :) I phoned up a load of other garages but they don't have time for it.... they have a waiting list of 2-3 weeks!!! :|

So gonna have to have it done with the current one... they cannot give me much of an estimate as they won't know until they "get into it" but I've told them my max budget!!!!!!

Hi, I'm clearly no expert but

they cannot give me much of an estimate as they won't know until they "get into it" but I've told them my max budget!!!!!!

seems a bit dodgy in my opinion, arent they obliged to tell you an estimate before they 'get into it' Surely they have done similar work befor so can give an estimate, i would be very cautious...

if you told them your max budget i bet they use it all.

They couldn't give me a definite answer because they don't know how far the rust has got to. They could give a rough quote but it could be more or less! They could give me the basic but that would't include any of the extra support welding that may have to be done!

With the Max budget.... I haven't told them the exact amount that I've got available.... I've given them a figure @ least 100 below what I could afford (just to cover myself!!!!!!).

I've had a nose under the car myself today.... there is quite a bit of rust along the part where you 'jack up' the car to change a tyre.... and there are two holes near the rear end of the car :S So depending on how rusted those holes are it could be a whole panel or just a small area to fill the holes in.

But I have told them..... if it'll cost more than what I've said to phone me n I'll leave the MOT n sell it for scrap!

They couldn't give me a definite answer because they don't know how far the rust has got to. They could give a rough quote but it could be more or less! They could give me the basic but that would't include any of the extra support welding that may have to be done!

With the Max budget.... I haven't told them the exact amount that I've got available.... I've given them a figure @ least 100 below what I could afford (just to cover myself!!!!!!).

I've had a nose under the car myself today.... there is quite a bit of rust along the part where you 'jack up' the car to change a tyre.... and there are two holes near the rear end of the car :S So depending on how rusted those holes are it could be a whole panel or just a small area to fill the holes in.

But I have told them..... if it'll cost more than what I've said to phone me n I'll leave the MOT n sell it for scrap!

okay ive done a few of these rust buckets and ill be honest they cant estimate as until they strip the interior carpets and start cutting the rust out they have no idea how bad bad really is ive done a few and i can tell you now expect at least 400 quid to have it done properly these areas on the ka always rust and quite badly basically the carpets inside the car have to come out then the strengthening panel on the floor which is like hardebned underseal has to be chipped off and its a pain to do or it catches fire then the rust has to be cut out then it has to be oxy acetelene welded afetr its been grinded and prepped the welding has to be done in and outside the car then grinded and fully undersealed etc if im honest if its that bad and the rust takes up more then an inch by an inch scrap it as the weldoing can extend to the sills and to the engine bay bare in mind at the price i qouted that was cheap and far more needed welded than what we thought but its a slippery slope im afraid

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club