Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pre collision assist

schnipps

Has anyone has issues with this? Mine goes off randomly for no reason, driving down road nothing in front and it flashes up with the warning noise which makes you jump. I have had to disable the auto braking feature but you can’t turn the whole thing off.

Yeah. A couple of times because I was actually about to crash but a couple of times for absolutely no reason. 

not for no reason at all. I have though also switched off the auto braking feature. it works as expected. so far anyway!

I think I’d rather have it than not just in case it actually helps me out one day.  I find it a little annoying at times, like when you come up behind a car that turns left and you time your acceleration perfectly as the car peels off, yet collision assist goes off, or when going down a hill, which sweeps right when there are cars parked on the left, it occasionally goes off.  I now expect it in certain circumstances, so don’t get surprised when it goes off.  For that one occasion where I might not be paying full attention to a changing circumstance, I’ll put up with numerous false alarms.

• Like 3

• 5 weeks later...

Had the car (New shape Fiesta in my case) just short of 2 weeks and the Mrs had a false positive earlier today, exiting a motorway on a slip road, nothing there.

More tech that doesn't quite work as it should lol.

• 1 year later...

Yeah had this happen to me quite a few times for no apparent reason - nothing on the road in front of me or anywhere near. Don't think it's ever auto-braked but it is unnerving when the system flashes and sounds the alarm out if the blue when there is absolutely no danger!!