Fordfiesta64plate

Ford Fiesta ecoboost problems

Hi guys 

I have a Ford Fiesta ecoboost 1.0 64 plate with 23,000 miles. I have taken it into ford a while ago because a family member said it’s maififold is blowing- I have no idea about cars btw. Ford said nothing was wrong and it was left. Now I have noticed a eggy smell in the car when trying to pull away fast but don’t know if it’s the clutch or the engine! I am new to driving so don’t know if it’s my bad driving or the car?! 

Thank you to anyone who helps and replies! 

It's probably just a bit of clutch slip if you're revving it hard before the clutch is fully up.  

It's not always easy to feel the bite on the clutch of a small petrol though...I guess you probably learnt in a diesel?  On a fast pull away you want just enough revs not to stall as you bring the clutch up, then boot it once the clutch is fully up.  You'll get maximum acceleration and no clutch slip like that. :smile: 

PS, on an unrelated note, keep an eye on the coolant levels on that engine.

Thank you so much for your help! 

I learnt in the same car I have now! And never used to happen 😂. I don’t know what I’m doing or what slipping the clutch is?!  My dad checked the coolant was below min so it was topped up but not checked it in ages so might have to again?! 

Thank you so much!!

Eggy smells which are usually caused by sulphur dioxide come from the catalytic converter, they build up over a period of time and discharcharge now and again.