Greggo_704

Slight leak from oil feed pipe crimp

Hi, I've fitted a new turbo to my car and all has been well so far and drive 200 miles or so, and have been religiously monitoring under the bonnet to make sure nothing is leaking. All was well until I did a particularly long run last night and when I did a check I noticed that the oil feed pipe to turbo has a slight leak at the crimped section where pipe goes in. I believe this can be common. In hindsight I should have ordered a new pipe as well, as I reused the old one (after cleaning it throughly).

While I await the new pipe and time to sort it (need to basically re-strip it all again to get to the lower banjo) is there anything I can use to seal the leak as a temp measure? Or alternatively, is that compression section able to be tightened at all? I've not tried as I didnt want to break anything. Attached a picture to illustrate location

22-10-2018 10-53-21.png

Well the pipe leaked a shed load of oil from the engine block so stripping it down again and replacing this weekend!