Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Memory seat modification

Stace

Hi Everyone, new to the site so I’m not sure if this has been discussed already. I’ve just purchased a 66plate Ford Edge sport, plenty of spec but dosnt have memory seats which also means it dosnt have tilting mirrors in reverse. Now although it’s not the end of the world it’s a great feature to have and makes life so much more convenient. 

It has a electric driving seat, electric folding mirrors, is there anyway of adding memory to it? I’ve spoken to a ford technician and he said I could fit the parts needed to do it but when they do the software update it may not recognise the new equipment and may not work. There are versions which come factory fitted so is different software fitted even though everything else is the same? 

Has anybody done this mod or know if the software in the Edge will be ok? I’m not clued up at all with car software so wouldn’t go messing around with it unless somebody knows it can be done. 

Thanks in advance for any information.