Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Trim removal and ground point query...

Watch7ower

Hi folks,

I am hard-wiring in a dash cam and had two queries.

1) What is a solid ground point close by the passenger side fuse box?

2) I removed the glove compartment to get at the fuse box to begin with and also removed the side panel trim (the one with the airbag sticker on) and when I pulled this part off I heard a metal clang as if something had fallen out (or it could just have been the noise from the plastic panel piece knocking against the door's metal at force). Have I lost a tiny metal piece of something or is there no metal component used to connect this side piece to the main trim (assumed it fits in just with the plastic clips). Or is there something underneath that may have fallen out?

Sorry to be a massive pain about this... just my OCD kicking in and it will annoy me to no end until I know whether or not something was lost (if it was, I can get over it!)

Pic of the piece removed: https://imgur.com/a/Xy0ASxC

There should be a metal clip over the top plastic 'flat' there. 

For the earth, any metal bolt in the area will be fine.  There's probably one behind that panel, but I didn't remove the glovebox when I did mine, just popped off the door sill trim and used a bolt under there, it doesn't really matter as long as it's a solid, clean piece of metal.

• Like 1

Hi Tom,

many thanks for your reply and help with the ground points. With regard to the metal clip, I have dug around online and found what it looks like. It seems there should be 3 of them for that piece (as evidence here) and I only had one (now lost). Do you know where I could source them from? Closest I found are these but not quite sure if they're the same.

Edit: Found them!

2 hours ago, Watch7ower said:

Hi Tom,

many thanks for your reply and help with the ground points. With regard to the metal clip, I have dug around online and found what it looks like. It seems there should be 3 of them for that piece (as evidence here) and I only had one (now lost). Do you know where I could source them from? Closest I found are these but not quite sure if they're the same.

Edit: Found them!

I have used one of the fuse box bracket bolts for a ground. Just be aware that it has to be removed to fit new pollen filters.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club