Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Mk3 Service Reset

bronc

I just had the oil on my Focus mk3 changed. I did it before the service light came on as I like to service my cars at 10k km intervals. Can I reset the schedule for oil changes now or do I need to wait for the change oil sign to appear first? I have a ForScan if it's needed. Also does anyone know the size of the nuts/bolts holding the air filter box together?

Not sure if you can reset the service intterval message until it comes up but try this anyway-
Turn the ignition key to the on position. Do not start the engine. For vehicles with push-button start, press and hold the START/STOP button for two seconds without pressing the brake pedal. Do not attempt to start the engine.
Press both the accelerator and brake pedals at the same time.
Keep both pedals fully pressed.
After three seconds, the Service: oil reset in prog message will be displayed.

Iirc the bolt heads are 8mm / 5/16".

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, bronc said:

I just had the oil on my Focus mk3 changed. I did it before the service light came on as I like to service my cars at 10k km intervals. Can I reset the schedule for oil changes now or do I need to wait for the change oil sign to appear first? I have a ForScan if it's needed. Also does anyone know the size of the nuts/bolts holding the air filter box together?

I also think they're 8mm :thumbsup:  I tried to reset the service message before it came up but not sure if it's worked.  Haven't checked the mileage recently though as like you I did it early.

• Like 2

I use FordPass and it keeps track of my oil life percentage.

• Like 1

Both wrong.lol 

7mm .

And if your profile is correct and you have 2012 1.6 ecoboost, there is no oil service reset. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Stoney871 said:

Posh you with your new car!! 

• Like 1

Posh you with your new car!! 
[emoji39]

Both wrong.lol 
7mm .
And if your profile is correct and you have 2012 1.6 ecoboost, there is no oil service reset. 
Thanks. I tried an 8mm but it was definitely too large for the bolt

Got told on here that is a poor guide. At my recent service my oil life was at something like 85% after 1 Yr and 10k now back at 100 mind you

2 hours ago, gillyallan said:
3 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

Got told on here that is a poor guide. At my recent service my oil life was at something like 85% after 1 Yr and 10k now back at 100 mind you

oil life has nothing to do with service intervals. It's the amount of oil dilution due to dpf  regen that occurs more often with the newer emmision regulations. So the oil  life depends on the driving style/ types of journeys.

So it can vary from one vehicle to another. Some will last easily between services and others need an oil change earlier.

11 hours ago, iantt said:

Oil life has nothing to do with service intervals. It's the amount of oil dilution due to dpf  regen that occurs more often with the newer emmision regulations. So the oil  life depends on the driving style/ types of journeys.

So it can vary from one vehicle to another. Some will last easily between services and others need an oil change earlier.

Is there a sensor to determine the oil dilution or does it just estimate based on the number of cold starts and regens etc?  My mates Astra had an oil life indicator years ago...can't say I trusted it though as he seemed to get about 15k between services on a high miler with a DPF!

I got a 7mm socket today and tried to replace the air filter. I purchased a Mann air filter (C16134/1) but it's too long and doesn't fit! Has anyone had a similar issue?

edit: got it to fit. i noticed the old filter was a bit squished so i gave the new one a few strong squishes top to bottom on the sides and it compressed just enough to fit.

860901f596b5f8b49940b94d52ca07db.jpg&key=5cd0eee0f7d9baddc0d1776b82c1ee8d2d624150782194f00fe9832cc023a288

47 minutes ago, bronc said:

I got a 7mm socket today and tried to replace the air filter. I purchased a Mann air filter (C16134/1) but it's too long and doesn't fit! Has anyone had a similar issue?

edit: got it to fit. i noticed the old filter was a bit squished so i gave the new one a few strong squishes top to bottom on the sides and it compressed just enough to fit.

860901f596b5f8b49940b94d52ca07db.jpg&key=5cd0eee0f7d9baddc0d1776b82c1ee8d2d624150782194f00fe9832cc023a288

Yes I had the same issue one on a crossland filter, could not get it in. In the end took it back to ECP and got a Mann one which fitted (tightly!! But I got it in!)

1 hour ago, Albert27 said:

Yes I had the same issue one on a crossland filter, could not get it in. In the end took it back to ECP and got a mann one which fitted (tightly!! But I got it in!)

once you have got the hang of changing the filter a few times you`ll get it to go in easy i always fit it in the bottom slot first and then make sure its slotted in the sides ok before i fit the top of the filter houseing into place :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Yep, in at the bottom first then I use a lever bar to help the top line up. . 

Hi,

I also like to service my car earlier than the service interval mileage.

My car is a 2011 Focus mk3 2.0 TDCi 140ps Titanium.  Will this have the service indicator and will I be able to reset it before the service indicator is activated?

Thanks,

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club