Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2012 Focus DRL problem

JimBro325
聽Share

Hi

Newbie to the forum but I've had my Focus for 3 years now.

Looks like all the major issues are OK now(gearbox fail/DMF/clutch then injector fail) after a torrid first 18 months. Thank god for buying the extended warranty 馃槃

Love the car especially fuel consumption(1.6 diesel) and 拢20 road tax and all the lights and buttons to play with.

Now, one of my DRL's keeps going off after a while. It's OK when I first start the car but it goes out after a driving a few miles.

I've attached a pic showing the lights. The DRLs are the type that run along the top of the headlight

Are the DRL's in these part of a sealed headlight unit or can they be replaced separately? Might also be a loose cable/connector. Are they easy to access?

Other than that, the car is great.

Also, can anyone tell me if it's a MK3/MK4/MK5 ?

Cheers Jim

car.jpg

If they're the LED strip then I believe they're part of the unit and can't be replaced.

The mk5 doesn't exist and the mk4 has only just been released. You have a pre-facelift mk3.

• Like 2

Thanks Luke.

It is the LED strip so looks like the replacement is gonna be expensive

have you removed the whole headlight yet and checked the connections just in case one is loose, may save the expense if thats all it was馃槈

Thats the next step Andy once I figure out how it comes apart.聽

off the top of my head think it`s just 1 bolt holding the whole light in place, and you`ll see it when you open the bonnet and look at the light fitting

1 hour ago, andypsp said:

off the top of my head think it`s just 1 bolt holding the whole light in place, and you`ll see it when you open the bonnet and look at the light fitting

Thanks Andy, I'll have a look at the weekend.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club