Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DAB

leafy86

Sorry if this has been been posted before.

I have a DAB in my focus, I can sync my Samsung S7 for the phone functions, but unable to sync to play music.

Also USB socket next to handbrake does not connect the phone to the radio.

Having to use the aux in socket, which means can not control music by head unit or steering wheel stalk.

Any ideas?

Hi Leafy and welcome to the forum, I see from your profile you have a 2009 TDCi.

I really don't think that i can help as I've a Mk3, but if your stereo is anything like mine the aux button cycles through three modes. Aux Line In, Aux USB and I think there's a third one? Have you tried pushing your Aux button more than once?

Sorry, I'm probably no help but I thought I'd mention that. Hope your get it sorted.

• Like 1

When you go into the bluetooth settings, of the DAB by clicking on the i there should be an option media audio, make sure that Is set to on.

I'd check / update to latest firmware.... most brands have an issue with BT music playback to some degree (especially with modern devices) as properly working firmware didn't really turn up until 2012

ford have now thrown away links of how and the files but this website has the info and the files needed https://willtaylor.org/update-ford-audio-bluetooth/

Release: November 2012

The update to your Ford bluetooth and multimedia module provides you with improvements in the following areas:

- Improved energy management in connection with USB and bluetooth devices

Release: April 2012

The update to your Ford bluetooth and multimedia module provides you with improvements in the following areas:

- Playback of music files via the USB stick
- Connection stability of iPod/iPhone devices
- Connection stability for Bluetooth, telephony and music streaming via Bluetooth
- Compatibility of mobile phones

Release: October 2011

The update to your Ford Bluetooth and multimedia module provides you with improvements in the following areas:

- Supports the original Apple USB cable
- Apple iOS 5 compatibility: display of the phones battery level and signal strength
- Apple iOS 5 compatibility: improved stability for music streaming via Bluetooth
- Playback of music files via the USB stick
- Connection stability of iPod/iPhone devices
- Connection stability for Bluetooth, telephony and music streaming via Bluetooth
- Compatibility of mobile phones
- Display of phone book and call lists

This update is applicable to the following vehicles:

Model    Built date

Fiesta:  July       2008 - December 2011
Focus:   February   2008 - January 2012
C-MAX:   February   2008 - January 2012
Kuga:    February   2008 - January 2012
Mondeo:  September  2008 - January 2012
S-MAX:   September  2008 - January 2012
Galaxy:  September  2008 - January 2012
Transit: from June  2009
Ranger:  from April 2009

Not all bluetooth modules on the MK2 allow for bluetooth music or USB connectivity. Your module may have been changed.

Also, the USB will not connect to the car because the phone needs to be in mass storage mode so that the radio sees it like a memory stick.

Have you tried a memory stick and see if that works?

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club