Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Adaptive Steering Recall

Yetiman65

Just had the steering wheel replaced (at last) for the Adaptive Steering recall - had to wait best part of 6 months for the actual steering wheel. All seems good & working as it should BUT I have noticed in the menu options I can't select either the "Normal" or "Sport" mode when in "drive" mode (see photo). Has anyone had the steering wheel replaced & can you select either mode? TBH I'm not sure what difference the 2 modes make so whether mine is just defaulted to the normal mode or something needs resetting I don't know, cheers. PS thought I'd ask on here before I even try to begin to ask the ford service centre! 

Adaptive Steering Menu.jpg

I am still able to change that setting in mine. The only difference I noticed was the full lock steering angle changed.

I could turn the wheel more until I reached full lock. With muscle memory it meant every time I took a turn at a junction, I had to get used to a slightly different steering angle.

• 5 months later...

I have just picked my 2019 edge ST Line up from the garage after getting the active steering malfunction message, and also can’t change the function. Did you get an answer from Ford?

20 hours ago, Chris2019edge said:

I have just picked my 2019 edge ST Line up from the garage after getting the active steering malfunction message

I can't believe the updated steering wheel isn't fitted to new 2019 models (unless it's another fault)! I had my 2016 done last December, the recall was out since July/August time and it was a long wait for parts.

On 8/24/2019 at 3:22 PM, simonb65 said:

I can't believe the updated steering wheel isn't fitted to new 2019 models (unless it's another fault)! I had my 2016 done last December, the recall was out since July/August time and it was a long wait for parts.

I was surprised, only had to wait for a week for the replacement part after being told it was on back order.  does your Edge still allow you change from normal and sport under the active steering settings?

On 8/25/2019 at 9:59 PM, Chris2019edge said:

does your Edge still allow you change from normal and sport under the active steering settings?

It does. But I haven't checked to see what the difference is in steering wheel travel from lock to lock in each setting to see if it's been reduced since the new steering wheel was fitted.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club