Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bad Starter

mondeo79

i hav 18td i hav had new glow plugs second hand air flow meter and air box still the same all so hav white smoke but not burning oil smells like diesel can the glow plugs stay on how do u no if glow plug relay has had it.how do u no if the diesel injection pump is #### or on its way out.does any1 hav any ideas on this

is the white smoke just on start up cos if it is it could be condensation from the exhaust. also whats the other symptom(s)?

is the white smoke just on start up cos if it is it could be condensation from the exhaust. also whats the other symptom(s)?

THE GUY WHAT HAD IT PUT K/N FILTER ON AND PLAYED THEM SETTINGS SMOKE CAMES DOWN AFTER ITS RUN BUT STILL SMOKES ON PUTTING FOOT DOWN AND LACK OF POWER UP HILLS AND BAD IDLE ON START UP JUDDING AT LOW SPEED

ok. have had this myself though on a tdci 54 plate.

in my case the juddering was caused by a blocked egr (exhaust gas recycler) and the black smoke was caused by a split intercooler pipe that goes to it. if the hose is split then warmer air is sent to the turbo causing unburnt diesal out of the exhaust.

try this link!

http://fordwiki.co.uk/index.php/EGR_Valve_Removal_-_Mk2_Diesel

goog luck

• 1 month later...

hi i was just wondering i have a problem with my mark 2 ford mondeo petrol version and on start up it judders terribly and also cant rev past 5,000 rpm it has also cut out whilst ive been driving it i think its something 2 do with the induction can anyone help

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club