Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What the hell is it?

Giffage

Hi all,

just bought a 2016 1.0 EcoBoost Titanium Navigation 5 door. Really pleased with it as it has low mileage, drives well and has a lot of toys included. The one thing I can't work out is what is the huge black thing that the rear view mirror attaches to? It has 3 openings looking through the windscreen. I wondered if it was a camera but if it is I can't see any control for it on the screen. 

Apologies if this seems a stupid question, I looked through the handbook and even the dealer didn't know what it was....

is it for the auto rain sensor 😊 

Most likely rain and light sensors for auto wipers and headlights. 

• Like 1

Ahh. Makes perfect sense. Thank you both.

your welcome😊

in the cluster menu is an option to enable the auto lights if the RLS (rain light sensor) detects rain....

on my sisters car I enabled this... after the clutch burn out update with ford at Christmas …. this feature works regardless of if the check box is ticked or not....  she also has hill start assist (which I didn't know the car ever had...)  but its a bit dim, only working if the hill is bigger than x... so you get used to it then it lets you down when it decides the hill is too small to apply the brakes and you have to use the handbrake anyway... so what's the point of this silly software???

I'd probably avoid that dealer in future if they don't know what it is... :laugh:

Ones a rain and light sensor, ones a radar for active city stop and adaptive cruise control, ones a camera for traffic sign recognition and lane guidance, ones a light sensor for auto high beam.  You may not have all of these features fitted though!  On a standard Titanium you will at least have auto lights and wipers, and active city stop.

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club