Do Not Sell My Personal Information

P2100 Throttle body fault

I've got a 2005 1.6 petrol mk2 Ford Focus Sport, in the last 6 months it's been going into limp mode for a day or 2 and then runs ok, I had the plugs and leads changed which helped for a few months but it soon started playing up again. I get the same code every time P2100 Throttle Actuator Control Motor Circuit/Open. Last week it went into limp mode and wouldn't come back out, it's been in the garage all this week, they checked the wiring fitted a new throttle body, after 2 test drives it went back into limp mode when I came to collect it. I've been told that it now points to it being a PCM issue which I will now have to have sent away and tested/repaired. I stupidly took out a loan to buy the car due to my previous one dying. I can't afford to pay Ford's mechanic labour and my reasonable local is very trust worthy but I'm now scared I'm going to spend all this money and it still won't be fixed. Has anyone heard of this before? Do I just cut my losses and scrap the car and pay the loan off or is it usually fixed after a new PCM? (Will update with price of PCM repair when I get it)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club