simonma

Drivers door lock

Somebody broke into my 2010 ford focus at the weekend and drilled out the barrel lock. I'm going to trade my car or sell it privately in the summer. Is it worth repairing (no idea on cost) or just take the hit when I sell it.

It is keyless entry and continues to function like it did before the damage. I think the only time I ever use the key lock is when my remote box battery goes.

Someone drilled out the lock!?  Didn't know that was still done, there are much quicker, easier and quieter ways to steal keyless cars.

If the only damage is the actual barrel, they can be easily replaced.  You can either buy the barrel kit and do it yourself or have Ford make the barrel for you.  

This is a genuine one but you can buy aftermarket for half as much if you prefer.  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Ford-Lock-Cylinder-Repair-Kit-1552849/182431424063?epid=1009747216&hash=item2a79c29e3f:g:UWYAAOSwRRVbwF3F

Get 2nd hand lock and keys from Used parts dealer ?

1 hour ago, frund said:

Get 2nd hand lock and keys from Used parts dealer ?

But then you'd have to change the bonnet lock as well and swap the new key blades into your fobs and reprogram the solid key (otherwise keyless entry and immobiliser wont work).  Much easier to buy a new barrel kit for the door on a modern car.