Do Not Sell My Personal Information

INNER FRONT TYRE WEAR

williamweb
聽Share

Today I carried out my usual 4000 miles oil change.Removing聽the front wheels聽makes life such聽lot easier馃榾On inspecting I 聽noticed slight inner wear on both of them.The rears are wearing nicely thank you聽and all聽聽four tyres have spun approximately 8000 miles.Would you swap them to the rear?Also thinking of having聽them rebalanced.Your thoughts are always appreciated 馃憤

• Like 1

I think you need the tracking checked

15 minutes ago, dezwez said:

I think you need the tracking checked

Ok Del l鈥檒l have a look at that.It was done 2 years ago and I鈥檓 not aware of any knocks聽since馃憤

• Like 1

Just now, williamweb said:

ok Del l鈥檒l have a look at that.It was done 2 years ago and I鈥檓 not aware of any knocks聽since馃憤

there's a lot of pot hole around they will do it聽馃檨

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, dezwez said:

there's a lot of pot hole around they will do it聽馃檨

Apart from all the pot holes that I forgot about 馃檮

Removing wheels for an oil change is a new one on me! :laugh:

As above, sounds like tracking is out.聽 If it's a mk2, its also worth checking the wishbone bushes, common fault and when they wear it allows the wheels to points outwards slightly while cruising which wears off the tyre insides.

Don't move them to the back now.聽 You just end up with uneven wear on all tyres which causes a horrific noise...made that mistake myself lol.聽

• Like 1

Maybe you don鈥檛 have a splash guard to remove with poor access up聽the sides聽馃槸I suppose I could turn the wheels one way then the other馃檮It鈥檚 a MK1 i鈥檓 booking it in for tracking tomorrow 馃憤

24 minutes ago, williamweb said:

Maybe you don鈥檛 have a splash guard to remove with poor access up聽the sides聽馃槸I suppose I could turn the wheels one way then the other馃檮It鈥檚 a MK1 i鈥檓 booking it in for tracking tomorrow 馃憤

Ah, I don't have any Mk1 experience tbf!

My last tyres done exactly the same and my bushes are all fine so I got tracking done and time will tell but the guy who done the tracking said fords are notorious for it and this is a MK2.5.

10 minutes ago, F0CUE said:

My last tyres done exactly the same and my bushes are all fine so I got tracking done and time will tell but the guy who done the tracking said fords are notorious for it and this is a MK2.5.

Probably wrong but just thinking the聽negative camber could be聽part of the set up for聽good handling around corners馃榾

1 minute ago, williamweb said:

Probably wrong but just thinking the聽negative camber could be聽part of the set up for聽good handling around corners馃榾

I would agree cos the handling is great around corners 馃榿

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club