Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync messages upon start up

Darren-mk8

Hey,

Does anybody know how to get rid of these annoying pop up messages from their Sync screen?

Thanks

IMG_1811.JPG

IMG_1812.JPG

The first message is a legally required disclaimer (comes up on all standalone nav sets too).
For the second message, go into the menu and switch wi-fi updates off, the system doesn't currently function in the UK anyway so you'll miss nothing.

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

15 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

For the second message, go into the menu and switch wi-fi updates off, the system doesn't currently function in the UK anyway so you'll miss nothing.

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

Odd thing - I've left Wi-Fi updates switched on for 14 months and never had that message. Also, as mentioned elsewhere, since 30 March every time I switch on in range of my broadband, I briefly  get a message to say "Downloading new system update". See my post in another topic below

On 4/14/2019 at 3:28 PM, Eric Bloodaxe said:

😀

a) I mentioned this in one of the many other threads re:GPS. Although Wi-Fi updates apparently doesn't work in the UK, I left it enabled in my car just to see if anything ever did happen. Since 30 March, every time I switch on the car while it's in range of Wi-Fi, a message comes up "Downloading new system update". If I do a "search for new updates" it comes up with "Downloading JR3T-14G391-AD-131059_tar.gz". So I'm just waiting to see if anything does happen on that one - from Sync 3  posts I've seen elsewhere I think I've seen that file number mentioned before.

So I wonder what's going on - if Wi-Fi update is not working where is it picking that file up from? Everything has carried on working as normal while this "download" has been happening, btw.

Cheers Stoney. At least thats the worst one of the 2 messages out of the way. 👍

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club