Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Installing reversing camera

Jamey0512

Whats the best way? Find a cheap crappy one from online or just take it to fords and let them do it. Fords camera alone is £171, not to sure on the fitting.

Last time I asked Ford dealer said 3 hrs at 100/hr

Took me about 3hrs to do mine, camera + harness = £30

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, gillyallan said:

Last time I asked Ford dealer said 3 hrs at 100/hr

holy *****. 

16 minutes ago, Jonro2009 said:

Took me about 3hrs to do mine, camera + harness = £30

does it work exactly how you want it to? As soon as you put it in reverse your camera pops up? I have a 2012 titanium focus. Don't know what im doing haha

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Jamey0512 said:

holy *****. 

does it work exactly how you want it to? As soon as you put it in reverse your camera pops up? I have a 2012 titanium focus. Don't know what im doing haha

Yeah, it works perfectly. The only thing it doesn't have is the dynamic steering lines, it has the red\yellow\green lines. 

My car has Sync3 though, I know it will also work on Sync2 but anything less than that and I'm not sure. You also need to activate the camera service via forscan.

I went the Double DIN aftermarket head unit route. The HU came with a camera, but it was a daft looking thing, like a wee cube with an LED in each corner. Found a better one that replaces one of the original number plate lights. It has a trigger from the reversing lamp circuit, and the rear view pops up on the head unit straight away: it doesn't have to wait for Android to boot. The camera is "hard wired" for want of a better phrase, and as such is operating-system independent.

HU, reversing cam, forward facing cam and fascia adapter cost me less than £200. 3 hour job, including making up the wiring loom. The head unit loom comes with a connector on only one end, so I bought a Ford Quadlock to Pioneer harness adapter, chopped off the Pioneer end and soldered, heat-shrunk and taped the lot. Tedious, but does a good job.

IMG_20180703_194954.jpg

IMG_20180531_144134.jpg

• Like 1