Do Not Sell My Personal Information

one touch windows

Tekman

I have all round elec windows when I got the car it had one touch down and one touch up windows,

on weekend I swapped out the dash to face lift st dash took battery off so could take dash out with air bag so everything back in all working but my one touch up on windows doesn`t work but down does.

any help appreciated 

Cheers

Alan

15 minutes ago, dtulip8 said:

Hi Alan,

I think when you disconnect the battery you have to reset the windows. This page is for a Mondeo but I’d imagine it’s the same on a Focus:

https://www.fordwiki.co.uk/index.php/One_Touch_Window_Reset

Hope that helps 

Cheers Daniel

your a star will give it a go tomorrow

cheers

Alan

• Like 1

This procedure is the same for Mercedes as well as I discovered after a battery replacement...

I had an oddball recently with my windows after the car had been to the dealer for some 'updates'. The offside ones, both front and rear, wouldn't stay up when using the one-touch up, the only way to get it to stay up was to 'inch' it when close to the top. Using one-touch, when they got to the top, they would 'bounce-back' and go half-waydown again immediately!. Going through the normal reset procedure above didn't work. Eventually I found another procedure, you need to operate the one-touch up 3 times in succession immediately after its bounced-back. On the 3rd time going up it actually stops at the top correctly and the system now works properly. Seems like the system needs convincing that you really want the window to stay up!.

My guess is that it was caused by an update to the Drivers Door Module(DDM) since it only affected the drivers side windows.  

All done work great now did check sunroof has well but all working now

Cheers Daniel 

• Like 2

No worries, glad it’s all working again 👍🏻.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club