statts

service car when only done 50 miles in 1 year?

Evening

My friends Kuga has only done 50 miles in 1 year, would anybody have it serviced when it is only 2 years old?

It is a motability vehicle and I have been told that you have to have it done. Me personally wouldn't it would only need a check over and the book stamped.

Also been told that if I didn't have it done soon the warranty would no longer be valid.

Does anyone have any thoughts about all this?

Thanks

Needs doing  regardless of mileage.its part of warranty conditions . Engine oil deteriorates on age , not just mileage. 

Isn't motability  paying for service? 

23 hours ago, iantt said:

Needs doing  regardless of mileage.its part of warranty conditions . Engine oil deteriorates on age , not just mileage. 

Isn't motability  paying for service? 

Yes Motability are paying for it but if the car hardly moves in my opinion the oil wouldn't need changing, the vehicle would need it checked  and replaced if required.

Another friend of mine has been to her mechanic many years ago and he said the oil is so thin it doesn't need changing but that car was out of warranty.

It's got nothing to do with how thin the oil is . 

Detergents in the oil  cause a chemical reaction with any water ( from engine not getting fully warm ) suspended in the oil . This can cause sludgy deposits .