Do Not Sell My Personal Information

StreetKa Corrosion Advice

Ld0312

Hi Guys 

Looking for advice on some advisories that came through on an mot of a little StreetKa. 

• Integral body structure or chassis corroded within 30cm of a mounting, but not seriously affecting overall security (6.2.2 (d) (i))
  • al suspension correded
  • Rear service brake requirements only just met. It would appear that the braking system requires adjustment or repair (1.2.1 (c))
  • Front Suspension component mounting prescribed area is corroded but not considered excessive (5.3.6 (a) (i))
  • Rear Suspension component mounting prescribed area is corroded but not considered excessive (5.3.6 (a) (i))

Also blowers only blow hot air and there has been uneven wear on the drivers side tyres front and back on the inside

Dont mind spending a little on this car, although it’s 15 years old, it’s a little run around and not my main car 

Thanks in advance.... be gentle 

Was it parked in a lake? Time to move it on, i think. 

Unless you're doing the work yourself then its definitely not economical to repair when it comes to MOT time next year. Even if you can weld yourself I'd question whether it's worth the time and effort.

Or you can bodge it by slapping underseal over everything that's rusty so nobody can tell the difference.

I think those are minor faults rather than advisories.  The Ka's do rust badly even when not parked in a lake tbf lol.  That just isn't worth saving though.  You can easily buy something else for much less than the cost of welding, tyres, suspension, tracking, rear brake overhaul...  Heaters only blowing hot could be a simple snapped cable behind the dash switches, or it could need removal of the entire dash to repair a faulty air blend flap within the heater box.

• Like 1

If it needed welding it would have failed the mot. If it’s not too scabby/crumbling you could clean it up and paint it with something suitable so it doesn’t get worse.  But sometimes when you start trying to clean it up you find it is worse than it looked and it crumbles. It is true that the old KAs are bad for rust. It is difficult to say without seeing it.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club