Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ambient lighting

Graham V

Hi Chaps

I'm new to the club having recently purchased a new Mondeo ST edition 2.0 TDCi. I'm still getting to grips with the sync 3, does anyone know how to adjust the intensity of the ambient lighting, mine seems fairly dim,  is their a slider control somewhere? 

Thanks 

On mine it is controlled by selecting an option from the touch screen (general settings I think) and you have to slide (swipe) across to bring up new screens which allow you to change colour etc

I hope SYNC3 works the same on yours

• 2 months later...

I don't think we can control the intensity of the ambient lighting.I consider to change it with others more brighter.

Does anyone did it since now?

I always thought mine was a bit dim too.

Just done some quick googling and came across this:

Discovered this last night - Noticed that the footwells were REALLY bright, so decided to see if the other colors were maybe not as bright. Well for some reason I decided to select a color and and noticed the three little bars in the middle of the selector. Could that mean it's a slider? So I try it.

Holy ****! The color selectors are actually SLIDERS. This allows you to brighten or dim the colors, or switch them entirely off. If there were slider bars there it would be WAY more easy to see it's an actual slider. What a crappy interface decision.

Hope this helps someone else.

https://www.fusionsportforums.com/forum/257-fusion-v6-sport-audio-electronics-lighting/5729-how-change-ambient-lighting-brightness.html

Will give this a go next time I'm in the car...

• Like 1

Update: tried the slider, well the slider was already at the maximum in my car 😕 And it appears whenever you pick a new colour, the slider gets set to the max by default. Sorry for conjuring false hope lol.

See attached pic for illustration (taken from a Ford Edge, but it's exactly the same in the Mondeo/Fusion).

The brightest (and my favourite colour) is Ice Blue, the rest are far too dim, especially the orange.

Unfortunately it is what it is...

Capture2.PNG

• Sad 1

• 4 years later...

Hello, I bought a second hand Mondeo MK-V and had the same question, I have googled for bulbs replacement, maybe swapping them for LED, could not find anything apart from this below, which is whole new level, have anyone had it installed?

spacer.pngspacer.png

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club