virdi

Help! - Dead Battery and Ford are not helping :(

Hi Guys,

Need some help please.

The battery on my dad's 2017 Mondeo Vignale (2.0 Petrol Auto) seems to be faulty.

We have Ford Assistance (AA).  They sent a guy out who has confirmed that the battery needs replacing.

So my problem is ... Ford cannot fit us in till 4th October ...As it's warranty work.

Can we just go ahead and replace the battery ourselves?

The AA guy said that 'we might invalidate the warranty' - 'The new battery may need programming or coding to the car'

...is this all correct or not?

Thanks

Virdi

Nothing stopping you replacing the battery, but your dad will have to pay for the cost of correct battery. The battery monitoring sensor needs resetting using diagnostics equipment when the battery has been swapped over. Can't any other ford dealer do it sooner? 

On the topic of the battery monitor sensor, a lot of Fusions/Mondeos have been recalled due to the fact that this part needs replacing (fire hazard, they replace it with a sensor with a fused wiring loom).

I agree with Iantt, get Ford to do it, and also ask them if yours is affected by the recall (it probably is) and get it all done at the same time.

1 hour ago, Incontro said:

On the topic of the battery monitor sensor, a lot of Fusions/Mondeos have been recalled due to the fact that this part needs replacing (fire hazard, they replace it with a sensor with a fused wiring loom).

I agree with Iantt, get Ford to do it, and also ask them if yours is affected by the recall (it probably is) and get it all done at the same time.

Sensor is not replaced but a fused harness is installed. 

On 9/24/2019 at 10:03 PM, iantt said:

Sensor is not replaced but a fused harness is installed. 

thanks for the correction, i thought they were all one part/piece