Pavel V.

Engine Number

Hi,

I've recently come to the UK with my European Ford Galaxy (2018) and I'm registering it in the UK. DVLA however asked me (for some reason) for the engine number, which I can't find anywhere. Obviously, I was looking under the bonnet (hood) and at the engine itself, which is partly hidden under a plastic cover. Does anybody know where the number should be? If it's under the plastic cover, how to remove it?

My car is Ford Galaxy Powershift 132 kW LED 2.0 TDCI Titanium, made in 2018.

Thanks a lot!

Pavel

Is it actually true that the engine number (needed for V5C) is just the last 7 letters of VIN?

(I managed to remove the plastic cover, have seen lots of numbers on various parts of the engine, but nothing that clearly looked like the engine number.)

Yep. There is no such thing as an engine serial number anymore on fords, so ford and I imagine other manufacturers use the last 7 digits of the vin number 

I'd not actually spotted that before, but just checked my V5C, and there it is.

With all the concerns about security these days (keyless entry, etc), this would seem to make life even easier for those scrotes stealing vehicles to break up for parts?😡