ijmj

Mondeo 1.6 Econetic tdci stop/start problems

I have a 2013 Mondeo 1.6 Econetic Tdci Business edition hatchback, had the car since the end of July 2019, nearly 3 months,  love it to bits, however when the Stop/Start is active from time to time when stationary and the engine has stopped, when the clutch is depressed the engine starts then immediately red lines, with big spanners showing on the information display and the only way to stop this is to turn the engine off and restart the car and then disable the stop/start function, which is not always the easiest thing to do if your in traffic,  more recently the EML light has come on, yet again when you disable the stop/start function it goes out. The car is going back to the garage where I bought it from as it's still under its three month warranty as a second hand car, but I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this ? I know I could just switch off the stop/start function every time I get in, but my thoughts are if it's fitted then it should work, I drive other cars with this function at work and they don't seem to have a problem Can anybody shed any light ?

11 hours ago, ijmj said:

I have a 2013 Mondeo 1.6 Econetic Tdci Business edition hatchback, had the car since the end of July 2019, nearly 3 months,  love it to bits, however when the Stop/Start is active from time to time when stationary and the engine has stopped, when the clutch is depressed the engine starts then immediately red lines, with big spanners showing on the information display and the only way to stop this is to turn the engine off and restart the car and then disable the stop/start function, which is not always the easiest thing to do if your in traffic,  more recently the EML light has come on, yet again when you disable the stop/start function it goes out. The car is going back to the garage where I bought it from as it's still under its three month warranty as a second hand car, but I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this ? I know I could just switch off the stop/start function every time I get in, but my thoughts are if it's fitted then it should work, I drive other cars with this function at work and they don't seem to have a problem Can anybody shed any light ?

Not sure on the root cause but it should work as expected, definately make sure you get it fixed whilst the car in uder warranty.