Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Scanner icon on dash

SamThompson

Hi all,

I was on my way home yesterday when the spanner icon came up on my dash. After this I felt a decrease in power. 

The exact same thing happened to me last year on the same road in the same conditions (cold) but I was unsure at the time but thought it could have been the AWD but once I’d turned the ignition off and back on again it went away and never came back on. 

This time I quickly changed to the Drivers assist AWD on the HUD and sure enough no matter how much I put my foot down only the front two wheels produced power.

Has anyone else had this problem or know what could be causing it?

The road it’s happened on is quite steep and goes to 50 straight away so you need to get your speed up fast.

99639855-1476-4258-AA36-B45AB5CAEADF.jpeg

I’m sure I read somewhere that this came up when there was a slippage difference between front and rear axles. I’ve never had it myself so can’t confirm that unfortunately. Some kind of sensor error I believe. After you have done an ignition cycle did it go away again this time ?

Common fault is the high pressure oil switch. I had exactly the same issue recently and car went in to have the oil switch replaced. I've had no issues since. Mine only did it on the motorway when accelerating up to 70mph and then it went into limp mode with the spanner symbol showing on the dash. There will be a fault code shown when the garage plug in their diagnostic machine.

If there is a problem with the AWD it come up with 'AWD Off' on dash.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/19/2019 at 6:42 AM, Quofan said:

Common fault is the high pressure oil switch. I had exactly the same issue recently and car went in to have the oil switch replaced. I've had no issues since. Mine only did it on the motorway when accelerating up to 70mph and then it went into limp mode with the spanner symbol showing on the dash. There will be a fault code shown when the garage plug in their diagnostic machine.

Well, an update to what I thought was fixed by Ford a few weeks ago...I was on the motorway today and guess what appeared on my dash again?...Yup, that ***** spanner again. 😞How can a brand new component fail after a couple of hundred miles? I've had Fords for years and have never had one as bad as the Edge. 

• 3 years later...

same thing with my Ford edge, spanner light and then decrease in power, will ring my local Ford dealer on Monday, hope it’s just a sensor.

• Sad 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club