Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Ka Petrol Needle Prob!! Plz Help

Djianb

Hi I've gotta 99 ford ka n the petrol needle has stopped working n got stuck in the middle even wen I turn the engine off it stays where it is!? Anyone got any suggestions as to why this has happened? And what I can do to fix it?? Any help will be much appreciated!!

Thanks guys.

have you tried the self-diagnostic test?

get in your car, close the door, place the key in the ignition but do not turn it, now hold the mileometer reset button and turn the key until the ignition lights come on (do not start the car) hold for a further 5 seconds and the dash goes into diagnostic mode, this should initiate a full dial sweep where all the dials move, if the petrol gauge does not move with all the rest, then maybe the little motor behind it has gone? or perhapse a cable snapped?

should possibly have mentioned, as soon as you turn the ignition off, the dash reverts to its normal mileometer / odometer functions

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club