Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Removing puddle lights

Steomce

Hi guys,

having a bit of an issue with trying to get the puddle lights out of my 2012 mondeo. I looked up a few videos online and people are able to push out the light by pushing at a clip, but neither of mine have one plus some people said to dip the mirror back and pop it out but I’m also afraid it will break the glass..

I was wondering if there’s an easier way?

Popping the mirror glass is a scary thought but as long as you dip the glass and pull gently but firmly it will pop out. Try and pull it out from as close to the middle as you can, don't just grab a corner

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Yeah I’d prefer not to do it that way tbh, but I think I don’t have much of an option. Cheers for the advice 

Hey just changed mine a few weeks back. I looked it up and they said there is a clip but my car seemed to also have a small screw holding the puddle lamp onto the mirror. If you remove the small screw first that holds the lamp on you can then undo the clip

Edited by Gtawiseguy3
Mispelling

14 hours ago, Gtawiseguy3 said:

Hey just changed mine a few weeks back. I looked it up and they said there is a clip but my car seemed to also have a small screw holding the puddle lamp onto the mirror. If you remove the small screw first that holds the lamp on you can then undo the clip

No sign of any screw on mine, whereabouts is it?🤔

I got it I popped the glass out from the far bottom side of the glass, came out easy enough then just pops back in then👍🏻

• Like 1

Good work [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

On 1/11/2020 at 4:56 PM, Steomce said:

I got it I popped the glass out from the far bottom side of the glass, came out easy enough then just pops back in then👍🏻

I too was freaking scared to remove the mirror-glass just like you. but atlast was too tired of the yellow lights hence just crossed my fingers and popped it out. Lol worked like a charm.
However don't want to do it often, as scared it might ruin the internal motor or the fixtures holding the mirror might loosen overtime.

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club