Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Free software

vhudsonv

HI 

Does anyone know where to get any free software. Might need it to reset my Diesel injectors.

Software you want is Forscan and an modified ELM from tunnelrat 

• Like 1

Found Forscan and got a ELM (but wanted Fordiag program) done a quick scan for codes and theres only one which is P2263. Now I thought at least 1 of my injectors was down and was going to buy a test kit for it....long story but just looked at some other threds and the problem could be a stuck actuator or a ripped/ split inter-cooler pipe. Never noticed a loss of power but the fault might of been there before I got the car. Just read about the pipe but it's dark outside and freezing so I'm gonna check first in the morning but I'll be rarely P off if its the split and didn't noticed it! I get dont any engine lights, no limp mode but do get black smoke don't get me wrong could still be the injectors but pipe and actuator test first.

If you want the Fordiag prog, you'll also need a Fordiag unit itself which you might call the 'cable'  - the bit you connect between the car and the laptop. I take it you've got a mk3 prefacelift? Well, the Tunnelrat reader running Forscan on a Windows laptop will also program the injectors  OK.... and is a lot cheaper. 

Haynes do a workshop manual for the mk3, (2 versions, early and later models) it's not perfect, but better than nothing and together with the forums and YouTube will help with torque settings and correct procedures. 

Clear the error code and see if it returns as could just be historic, as there's no date stamps on codes. 

Thanks for the advice but its a MK4 2.0 TDCI titanium with a Duratorq engine. Think my remapper deleted the error but its back again and my car had less power than my friends who had the same engine and car. Looking to remove and clean the EGR tomorrow dont know if this will help considering I've blanked the EGR off and on the other threads people have said there could be a rip on the intercooler pipe but I have know idea where that pipe is. There's also a about 1" rubber hose coming from under the middle of the top of the engine bay, snakes around where the battery is but goes into nought....very weird going to take a picture of it tomorrow and ask what the hell it is or whats missing.

Re the mystery pipe: Can you compare yours to your friends? The intercooler or boost pipe, runs from the turbo, to the intercooler, then from the intercooler to the inlet manifold. It is prone to splitting due to the heat,  but splits in the pipe can be difficult to detect as the original construction is thick rubber with a woven lining that tends to hold closed any splits till boost pressure from the turbo opens it up. 

• Like 1

scratch that I think I know where you mean now. Been looking at the wrong place, there's a 3" or so rubber pipe coming from the bottom of the intercooler which looks like it goes into a metal pipe and continues to go under the engine maybe into another rubber pipe behind the engine to the turbo. Which pipe is likely to rip? Need to jack her up and remove the engine guard to see better. Sorry 4th turbo car I'd ever owned and the other 3 turbos was at the god dam front of the engine!!!Dam french!!!  

Sorry my friends car had a argument with another car 6 months ago. The other car stopped and my friend didn't! Ha ha. Here's a pic of the pipe I was talking about I removed the battery casing.InkedIMG_0145_LI.thumb.jpg.bb91af7702df0c138ec15d504d75a593.jpgInkedIMG_0144_LI.thumb.jpg.5026385b3a12d8dd40ad1b07b922179a.jpg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club