Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Heated Windscreen Operation / Functionality

divettri

Hi, I am new to this group having purchased my Kuga (used) on 30/12/2019.

I am inquiring about the operation of the Heated Windscreen, having not experienced this previously.

Basically, during recent cold weather, the windscreen was frozen over in the morning. Turned the heated Windscreen on & after approx 90 seconds, the ice had turned to water & easily removed by wipers. Very impressed.

However, when I got in the car a little later, the front windscreen was fogged up. Again, I turned the Heated Windscreen on and expected a similar result. This did not happen. Approx. 5 minutes later, I had to turn on the air blower as the Heated Windscreen had not even began to de-mist / ed-fog the screen. The air blower quickly resolved this.

Is there something wrong with the functionality of my Heated Windscreen?? The car is still under 6 mth dealer warranty so would like to get it sorted if it is.

Any advice, much appreciated.

I find that the heated screen is brilliant at de icing but if the screen has heavy condensation on it the heater elements aren't strong enough to dry it off, it needs the hot air and air con switched on.

i have a focus titx with quickclear screen.   mine disnt clear steamed up inside screen either.   and on outside clears ice on passenger side within about 3 mins but longer on drivers side.   

8 hours ago, divettri said:

However, when I got in the car a little later, the front windscreen was fogged up. Again, I turned the Heated Windscreen on and expected a similar result. This did not happen. Approx. 5 minutes later, I had to turn on the air blower as the Heated Windscreen had not even began to de-mist / ed-fog the screen. The air blower quickly resolved this.

This is normal behaviour. You need to purge the moisture laden air from inside the car by using the heater /aircon and keep the windscreen above the dewpoint temperature, which is determined by the relative humidity of the air inside the car.

I'm sure that the windscreen heater has a timer also. 

Thanks for this info, much appreciated  Yes the windscreen heater automatically shuts off after a period so there is a timer there. Not sure how long though.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club