Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Kuga - 2015, Engine service now

mk93

Hi everyone, I’m writing this on behalf of my dad. I wanted to get some insight if any Ford Kuga drivers have faced a similar problem.

His car drives well and he’s taken the car to service twice where he had everything checked out. Sometimes when he drives 70mph for 20 miles, his engine would suddenly turn off automatically. This has occurred in the dual carriageway and motorways, which is concerning. However, after 2 minutes the engine will get turned on. Then he would get ‘Engine service now’ on his dashboard. Has anyone faced this issue?

Thank you 

Only seen this on Mini's relating to the key being in the boot in handbag
Assuming it is the keyless go Ford they do not cut out when you walk away with the key just bong on the dashboard.

engine service now is just a general message and means nothing that can be guessed at

When this occurs is it a particular time or stretch of road?
seen it on a Juke when the owner left the dual carriageway every morning on the way to work - it was oil on one of the sensors in the intake causing the car to think it was overboosting and cut the engine to save it.

35 minutes ago, GoDiagnostics said:

Only seen this on Mini's relating to the key being in the boot in handbag
Assuming it is the keyless go Ford they do not cut out when you walk away with the key just bong on the dashboard.

engine service now is just a general message and means nothing that can be guessed at

When this occurs is it a particular time or stretch of road?
seen it on a Juke when the owner left the dual carriageway every morning on the way to work - it was oil on one of the sensors in the intake causing the car to think it was overboosting and cut the engine to save it.

Hi, thanks for your reply. Yes - it's the keyless one. He keeps his key next to the gears and takes the key with him whenever he leaves the car. 

This happens very randomly, some days there would be no problem (like after his recent garage visit) but yesterday it happened three times. He had his oil checked and was told there was no computational problem. 

you need to add a lot more detail to get any real help on a forum, there could be many issues
is the car manual?
you say it turns off, is this a full engine dies and he has to roll to a stop then wait and it will restart or is it s loss of power and he pulls over

On 1/25/2020 at 2:35 PM, GoDiagnostics said:

you need to add a lot more detail to get any real help on a forum, there could be many issues
is the car manual?
you say it turns off, is this a full engine dies and he has to roll to a stop then wait and it will restart or is it s loss of power and he pulls over

I will check the car manual thanks 

no first it makes a noise, then losses power and he pulls into the hard shoulder. After 2 mins, the car ons properly and it's fine. We have noticed though this only occurs when he goes 70 mph and above, driving at 60 mph causes no issue 

On 1/27/2020 at 5:45 PM, iantt said:

What engine is it? Petrol , diesel, 1.5,2.0?? 

Hi, it's a Diesel 2 

Camshaft sensor can cause this sort of problem had it on my mondeos  twice, you need the codes read.

• 1 year later...

Hi,

just had this “Engine service Now” message come up on mine just before I got home today… any ideas?

plugged in the OBD2 but no error codes stored, car is running fine and is not in limp mode, starts and drive fine - just have the error!

64plate 2.0 TD Kuga Titanium X (163)

Any suggestions?

2 minutes ago, Andy3000 said:

plugged in the OBD2 but no error codes stored

If this was just a generic code reader then they do not read Ford specific DTC's. You need to use a laptop with FORScan software so that you can get all the information.

1 minute ago, unofix said:

If this was just a generic code reader then they do not read Ford specific DTC's. You need to use a laptop with FORScan software so that you can get all the information.

Yes, it’s a generic reader.

Good to know, thanks I’ll look into this.

On 1/28/2022 at 6:24 PM, unofix said:

Top job!

ordered a new reader and used this software - it found the fault straight away!

apparently the DPF regen failed to complete its cycle due to exhaust being too cold.. cleared code, took it for a good motorway run and it’s now returned!

problem is I think is my usual route to work is a dual carriageway (60mph), but for the past 8 months has roadworks and and speed reduced to 40mph - this would normally be my clear out route, but obviously not getting the speed up.

will have to do a detour her and there to help the car out!

really appreciate your help on all this.

thanks

Just now, Andy3000 said:

Top job!

ordered a new reader and used this software - it found the fault straight away!

apparently the DPF regen failed to complete its cycle due to exhaust being too cold.. cleared code, took it for a good motorway run and it’s now returned!

problem is I think is my usual route to work is a dual carriageway (60mph), but for the past 8 months has roadworks and and speed reduced to 40mph - this would normally be my clear out route, but obviously not getting the speed up.

will have to do a detour her and there to help the car out!

really appreciate your help on all this.

thanks

Sorry, that should have said “the fault has not returned”

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club