Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auxiliary heater

snapshot11

I did a VIn check today on 2 sites for my 2016 UK spec mondeo mk5 Titanium X 2.0cdti the spec list from the factory matches exactly to what equipment my car had fitted when built it as you would expect however it says it has an auxiliary heater with supplemental air heater which it does not there is no option in the menu etc. Has anyone else noticed this or were would its location be wondered if previous owner has had it taken out or is it not specified on UK models strange because all other equipment is there as stated thanks.

Supplemental heater or auxiliary heater?

The supplemental heater is a cabin heater, used to warm the inside of the car before the coolant gets up to temperature. This is specified for diesels as it takes longer for them to reach the operating temperature. There are no settings to adjust for this: in theory it just turns on if cold, although I find the Mondeo one isn't as effective as my previous Focus. 

The auxiliary heater is used to pre-warm the engine, and is more common in cold climates. As far as I'm aware they're not installed on UK spec cars, but I may be wrong. 

Thanks for replying ye its got the supplemental heater as warms up pretty quick and no fuel heater thought it was strange in the UK but it does say auxiliary heater with supplemental heater lol. Good its only something else to go wrong and not really needed strange how its factory specified though but not fitted.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club