Sign in to follow this  
mondeo_2009

Mondeo 2.0D dead

Hi all i hope you can help, my mondeo mk4 2.0D is completely refusing to start. A few weeks ago it started randomly cutting out and after a short period (15-20mins) would start again then a week ago it competely died and wouldnt have a bar of it. Ive had an AA engineers report stating fault codes showing

P0087 Rail pressure too low
P0088 Rail pressure too high
P0089 Rail pressure outside specified range
P0101 Air mass sensor (think this could be a historic one)

He mentioned it refused to fire on easy start but cambelt was turning and still tensioned.

I have investigated furthur, when cranking there is absolutly nothing reaching the high pressure rail, just a dribble (Im not sure if this is normal and a valve is not allowing pressure though). Absolutly nothing showing on live data for rail pressure and a cranking speed of 280rpm average which should be plenty.

Where do i go from here guys, really need to get to the bottom of this for them.

Any help appreciated guys

Is the fuel filter full of diesel?  Check the leak-off pipes have got good O rings on them and are not damaged. Also, shouldn't be black ones as that means they're not diesel proof and will dissolve. What pressure are you getting from the pump? Disconnect the plug from the  IMV and from the injectors and crank the engine in short bursts. Should get >1000bar, tho' my poorly pump only gives 850bar but engine still runs. * I'm assuming you've got a code reader* (if you haven't, then consider getting one as an investment...)