Do Not Sell My Personal Information

front and rear pad replacement

PAULWW999

HI i spoke to my ford dealer and asked the cost of a 36000 service om my 2017 edge 210 ps they said £605 due to the auto box to be drained and refilled plus oil filter in box 

i spoke to 2 different auto box repairers who said the oil in the box would not need to be replaced as the oil that is used nowadays does not degrade also you would have to strip down the box to get at the filter ??? any comments would be very appreciated many thanks 

also i meant to ask is their anything special to do on fitting new pads to front and rear as in electronics or caliper pistons having to be wound in 

ing to be 

As stated by another member the filter is on the side of the box, like an engine oil filter. The expense is the specific grade oil. As for the pads the rear pad change might need programmed to the car and I believe the calipers will need wound back on the diagnostic machine (if electric handbrake is fitted).

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/11/2020 at 4:14 PM, PAULWW999 said:

HI i spoke to my ford dealer and asked the cost of a 36000 service om my 2017 edge 210 ps they said £605 due to the auto box to be drained and refilled plus oil filter in box 

i spoke to 2 different auto box repairers who said the oil in the box would not need to be replaced as the oil that is used nowadays does not degrade also you would have to strip down the box to get at the filter ??? any comments would be very appreciated many thanks 

also i meant to ask is their anything special to do on fitting new pads to front and rear as in electronics or caliper pistons having to be wound in 

ing to be 

Whole pile of info (from the service manual) for changing the pads and EPB on this topic ...

Sealed for life automatic boxes my *****.

Unless they have magic, all oil degrades.

I had the auto fluid changed on my C class, had it done at 75k.  Changes became smoother, quicker and crucially lower in the rev range.

Filter was accessible simply by taking off the gearbox sump pan.

I did the basic gearbox drain which only changes about 2/3 of the oil, didn't drain the torque converter, total cost £170.

In America auto fluid changes are as routine as engine oil.

Below is the procedure I had my indy garage do.  I was going to do it myself but in the end didn't have the spare time for it.  The only real complexity would have been checking the fluid temperature.  I got myself a cheap infra red heat sensing gun.

1)     Check can remove top filler plug (dipstick).

2)     Check all pan bolts – can they be loosened?

3)     Run to warm.  Check level with engine running, in Park

4)     drain for a good 10 minutes

5)     Make sure ALL fluid collected.

6)     Pan off, drain filter into collecter.

7)     Clean pan, gasket rim etc.

😎 new magnet

9)     new filter.

10)                        pan on – torque 8nm

11)                        Drain bolt on with new washer – torque 20nm

12)                        measure old fluid.  Add same.  put filler plug on but don’t seal.

13)                        cycle thru gears or drive around – up to 80deg, 20 mins? 

14)                        check level, add if needed – engine running, in Park.

15)                        up again, check for leaks. 

16)                        if all ok, undertray on.

17)                        seal top filler plug with red plastic thing.

atf.png

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club