Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best place to get a spare key....

m50e30

I have a 2009 Mondeo and only one key. I need a spare. 

The good people of the forum, share the knowledge please. 

Thanks

On a 2009 focus I created a 2nd working key using free forscan software and a 20 quid obd code thing from tunnel rat electronics. Key blade from eBay cut from photo of my key. Upper part of key from a different eBay seller. Make sure it has correct type of immobiliser chip in it. I do not know if Mondeo key can be done same way.

After my central locking started to randomly activate, I invested in a chipless key which I could use just to open the door, in fact I bought 2. The wife keeps one. The other I keep in my trouser pocket. Timpsons do 'em, they also do programmed keys, but you'd have to enquire. 

my understanding is that Timpsons would charge something like £90-£100 to create a cloned key for someone who has only one working key, I do not know if there is any change of haggling. also plenty of independent auto locksmiths who would do it.  I assumed Steven was asking about doing it cheap, although I admit he did not say that

90 quid seems cheap, compare a new key from the dealerships 

£7 for the key, £15 for it to be cut at a local key cutting shop, and programmed to the immobiliser for free with Forscan.

3 hours ago, Micro said:

£7 for the key, £15 for it to be cut at a local key cutting shop, and programmed to the immobiliser for free with Forscan.

There was someone recently on a forum tried that, and the chip in their new eBay sourced key wasn't in a glass enclosure, and it wouldn't program. Not sure if they ever resolved it either... I'll try and find a link to it. 

there are different types of immobiliser chip for different years. when I did a 2008 Focus key it was the plastic coffin type chip (using the description in the talkford thread above).

It worked fine. But I had to make sure I got a 4D63 chip and not a 4D60 chip, and then i think there are different 'bit' numbers also like 64 bit or something like that. 

But I can not say from first hand experience it will go without hitch on that year of mondeo.  For example I don't think you can do it with forscan on a mk3 focus. So i don't know at what year Mondeos may have got more difficult.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club