Sign in to follow this  
melloj

Rear Fog Lamp

Recommended Posts

Hello all,

I am going to taking my 2013 Grand Cmax down to Portugal to use there, so need to do the matriculation process.

It looks like the Grand Cmax's in UK only have the RH rear fog lamp assembly with an actual lamp.  The LH side is just a reflector.  I haven't looked super closely but has anyone ever had the rear fog lamp converted over to the other side or installed a second rear fog lamp - is there any electrical connection there that can be used?  or do I need to some major rework to get the lamp switched?

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe it's just easier to get LHD rear lights 2nd hand  when your in Portugal and move the wiring.Your probably going to have to change the headlights anyway. Not sure about Portugal but in Spain they are very particular about all light units conforming to their spec otherwise they dont pass it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mines a titanium and I have two reversing lights and two rear fog lights.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Comares2001 said:

Maybe it's just easier to get LHD rear lights 2nd hand  when your in Portugal and move the wiring.Your probably going to have to change the headlights anyway. Not sure about Portugal but in Spain they are very particular about all light units conforming to their spec otherwise they dont pass it.

I'm going to get the headlamps replaced in a month or so and just use a sticker to drive with the Euro ones in the UK until I head over to the continent.  Gives me time to sell my UK ones, and we don't really do a huge amount of night driving these days.

I can try to find something in Portugal, but if it's something I can do here with my friend mechanic, might be cheaper than getting them in Portugal and then paying someone to install them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pragmatix said:

Mines a titanium and I have two reversing lights and two rear fog lights.

I guess they changed their ways for the newer models....I was really surprised to see the light fixture only on the right side when I looked under the rear bumper....quite a way to save money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, melloj said:

I guess they changed their ways for the newer models....I was really surprised to see the light fixture only on the right side when I looked under the rear bumper....quite a way to save money.

Low spec cars only have one of each, one of the main reasons I don't buy low spec cars my Lane  has no light and is therefore very dark one reversing lights is useless for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pragmatix said:

Low spec cars only have one of each, one of the main reasons I don't buy low spec cars my Lane  has no light and is therefore very dark one reversing lights is useless for me.

Perhaps that's changing though for example on the Focus 4  theres only a rear fog and 1 reverse light regardless of model.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Comares2001 said:

Perhaps that's changing though for example on the Focus 4  theres only a rear fog and 1 reverse light regardless of model.

I won't be buying one of those then, cost cutting at its worst.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this