Sign in to follow this  
Tartan1980

Had to sell car!

Hi all,

was really happy with the Edge in driving it was a dream as it was comfortable,powerful and safe. Only problem is that now it's no longer produced it's going to be harder to source parts,the alloys were becoming a real problem and starting to look like a spiders web.Main problem for me is that I am seeing it lose £400-£500 a month and this I cannot sustain so I have reluctantly had to sell the car. Picked up a year old Kuga two days ago and happy with that. So sorry to say this will be my last comment on this forum,wish everyone the best. I do however have a spare alloy wheel for sale at a good price of £80 (requires a small amount of refurb) and would prefer it on a collection basis for Central Scotland

cheers

The Edge is still being made, just not in right hand drive version for the UK, so parts won't be an issue. Anyway, whenever a car does go out of production parts are still manufactured for years. The Edge shares a lot of common parts with the S-Max as well as they are both built on the Mondeo platform.

Hi Neil,

Thanks for the comments. It's gone now to hopefully a new home. It was a good one and never gave me really any bother, not sure but think it was better on fuel than the Kuga?

Hi Eric, how much room is in the back (boot) of the Kuga compared to the Edge? I'm thinking of a Kuga when my Edge is due for replacement in December. 

Hi Neil,

I know its smaller in the Kuga as I had a boot liner in the Edge and it does not fit. Just measured it and it's 850mm deep and 1000mm wide.Very similar to the Edge but one thing I had before in a Kuga was the intermittent wipers that are rain sensitive,something that I did not have in the Edge and I like them.

Interesting. I presume the new shape Kuga will be slightly bigger as well so may have to go and have a look at one when they come into the showrooms. Thanks for the info Eric.
I've got the rain sensing intermittent wipers and they're brilliant. Bad news is half of my steering wheel stopped heating up yesterday 😞 To be fair, I've had few problems with the Edge and will be sorry to see it go.