Sign in to follow this  
Fredrik

Ford Mondeo 2010 misfiring

Hi everyone. I have now given up in this Mondeo..

Started with just replacing injector seals (copper ones) and after removing the "injector cover" i came over a huuuuuge amount of soot. (Black Death as many calls it).

Started chipping away on this soot, got it all cleaned up after some hours, replaced some gaskes and injector leak off lines. 

Now this is where the fun begins:

Tried to start it up, and it hydrolocked. Removed injectors again, turned the engine around to empty the cylinders and checked the piston height just too be sure it was ok. Got it to run, but had a bad misfire. Pulled codes, found "P0606" which i found that was because the injector on cylinder 2 had an open circuit. Replaced injector on cyl 2, now it complains about cylinder 3. Replaced injector on cylinder 3, now it complaines about RailPressureSensor. Found a new wiring harness for injectors, replaced it and it got a littlebit better. But still it's misfiring and complaining about ground for injector 2 and 3...........

I have opened the whole wiring harness from the injectors and all the way down to the ECU, but i simply enough cannot find anything wrong.

I'm stuck at this point, and i just don't know what to do.. I've been working on this car for over 50 hours the last week, closer to 60 counting today.. The last faultcodes i got was P0266 and P0269.

Please send help😰🤣

Have you checked cylinder compression. 

What has happened to cause you all this work? 

17 hours ago, nicam49 said:

Have you checked cylinder compression. 

What has happened to cause you all this work? 

Yes I have checked compression, and everything seems fine.. as I said, it all started with leaking injector seals, and it has just escalated since. I’m completely stuck at where I am, my head is all a mess because I haven’t been able to sleep..
here you see what it’s like now.. please note that it’s not my car, I’m a mechanic and it’s a customers car

F51B850F-DF73-4068-96ED-5F4C73626066.jpeg

What a nightmare for you! Look, as no-one else on the forum has responded, then why not try asking on another forum, www.talkford.com  is worth trying.