Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Egr Intercooler Pipe

chris bowman

got whooshing noise when turbo kicks in on my mkiii 2.0 tdci so checked pipe into egr and found it split near the top. repaired it and put it back together and when i went to pull off got a whoosh and turned her off straight away. found i hadnt tightened the jubilee clip where the hose goes onto the bottom of the egr and it popped off. since then i have got an intermitant whistle now when the turbo kicks in. i have looked at the pipe and there are signs ie dirty oil on exterior of pipe to suggest there is an air leak. but what i am most worried about is the split second the egr pipe came off. could this warm air from the engine bay have damaged the turbo bearing? any thoughts?

thanks

drove car today am confident whistle is pipe leak as there is still oil residue forming over pipe repair as before. thank god. is a replacement intercooler pipe for the egr dealer only?

yeah dealer only...these split all the time, would need vin to identify correct pipe but if its the one I think its £43.76 + £5.00 postage...have took some discount off as well. Just call 0191 4200168 if you would like one sending.

Graham

Ford Parts Centre

yeah dealer only...these split all the time, would need vin to identify correct pipe but if its the one I think its £43.76 + £5.00 postage...have took some discount off as well. Just call 0191 4200168 if you would like one sending.

Graham

Ford Parts Centre

cheers for reply.

took pipe off this afternoon, got heater hose repair kit for 2.99 from Halfords (2 tape kit) followed instructions and hey presto no leak whatsoever and car response better than i can remember! was getting worried the whistling sound was getting so higher pitch that it might have been turbo bearing! big relief not to hear it any more!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club