Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Edge Sport

Mrtugboat87

Hi all,

im just about To change my Ford Edge titanium 2017 to the Ford Edge sport 2017. Any of you know what the main difference in the cars? I know it’s a sport but I get confused between the ST and the Sport. 
didn’t know if I could expect any different tech or is it just the sports suspension and dynamic steering?

Cheers mark

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/16/2020 at 10:35 AM, Trent Edge said:

Towards the end of the brochure will give you an idea of all the main differences/options...

2016_Ford_Edge_Brochure.pdf 7.64 MB · 6 downloads

Cheers for that dude. Cleared it up.

I purchased the car, love it. Really nice drive. Feels different to the same year titanium I swapped with!

Could you help me work out if my car has Adaptive lights? The dealer didn’t know and I’m struggling to find out?

even if it doesn’t, does it have the auto levelling and the corner lights? 3CA9EAE8-1079-4B0E-8377-A0C2EBDA9663.thumb.jpeg.f17c68685a6dc9d3705b5979068132cd.jpegCF1BDC6E-4202-4B63-B080-77602F62170C.thumb.jpeg.41c536d303ba00b52b742150745a046c.jpeg

Hi

I have the Edge Sport 2018

Mine came with the standard "candle lights" fitted, woeful brightness with these

Swopped all lights for the LED's as recommended in other threads on this site

Lights are now much much better in terms of brightness

Mine are not self levelling as far as i am aware, however they do have the "corner lighting" as in when you turn a corner the bottom spot light comes on to light up the kerb edge.

Just having mine valeted at the moment will post a picture later of the shiny machine.. 

3 hours ago, DAVEWILL5 said:

Hi

I have the Edge Sport 2018

Mine came with the standard "candle lights" fitted, woeful brightness with these

Swopped all lights for the LED's as recommended in other threads on this site

Lights are now much much better in terms of brightness

Mine are not self levelling as far as i am aware, however they do have the "corner lighting" as in when you turn a corner the bottom spot light comes on to light up the kerb edge.

Just having mine valeted at the moment will post a picture later of the shiny machine.. 

How hard is it to swap to the LEDs? Was it expensive? 
look forward for the photo 🙂

Hi

Re fitting / replacing the LED lights for the originals i used an auto electricians who charged me £100

The bulbs themselves i bought of amazon / eBay and followed the recommendations of other users on this site and the LED light "tread"

I think i paid around £90 for all the bulbs

Here are some pics of my Edge Sport after being valeted today

IMG_2017.JPG

IMG_2014.JPG

IMG_2016.JPG

1 hour ago, DAVEWILL5 said:

Hi

Re fitting / replacing the LED lights for the originals i used an auto electricians who charged me £100

The bulbs themselves i bought of Amazon / ebay and followed the recommendations of other users on this site and the LED light "tread"

I think i paid around £90 for all the bulbs

Here are some pics of my Edge Sport after being valeted today

IMG_2017.JPG

IMG_2014.JPG

IMG_2016.JPG

Nice looking car mate. 
right, think I’ll give it a go. No idea why these premium sports didn’t come with LEDs in the first place. 

I take it, it’s perfectly legal?  

No one on here who has done the LED upgrade has has a problem as far as i am aware re legality

Have a good read through this topic on this forum  It will definately point you in the right direction  

1 hour ago, DAVEWILL5 said:

No one on here who has done the LED upgrade has has a problem as far as i am aware re legality

Thanks Dave. I appreciate it. Just found the LED headlamp on eBay, would this just be a case of replacing the Halogen headlamp to the LED, would you know? 

3 hours ago, Mrtugboat87 said:

Thanks Dave. I appreciate it. Just found the LED headlamp on eBay, would this just be a case of replacing the Halogen headlamp to the LED, would you know? 

Changing to LED Bulbs is relatively easy. Changing headlamps from halogen to LED is much more difficult as the LED headlamps have motors that level the lights when you switch on. Plus the headlamps turn when you turn the steering wheel. I presume software changes would be required as well. All in all, not an easy task and I don't recall anyone that has done it. Far easier and cheaper to replace the existing bulbs with LED ones.
One thing I specified when I got my Edge was that it had the LED headlamps as the halogens are dreadful at night whereas the LEDs are superb.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club