Sign in to follow this  
Deane hannington

Central locking

Hi I've just got my ford ka 2006 model 2 days ago but had 1 key and no paperwork,  I'm not sure if car has central locking as I've only got 1 key also its noisy to drive 

Push the inside handle in with the doors closed! If the opposite door locks it has central locking!

It what way is it noisy? 

I think he is just refering to the level of noise in the interior especially at motorway speeds. I try to stick to 50 mph(72 db measured on my phone) as much as posible on the motorway because doing 70 really increases the noise level (76 db measured on my phone).

Don't think you can do much about the noise level, other than to try to add some more sound insulation in the door and on the inside, but I can't be bothered, since the car will fail it's next Mot due to rust. Will drive it as is, and just avoid long motorway drives.

I noticed when wife and daughter had a KA one was worse for noise, the rear windows weren't tight when closed allowing a lot of wind noise and the boot lining was missing on the noisy one. We replaced the boot lining, and actually ended up adding an extra layer of carpet underlay beneath it on both cars as it made quite a difference.

The windows I remember adding a plumbing tap washer somewhere in the handle to increase the squeeze against the window rubbers - setting the handle a bit further out by a couple of mm just to get a tighter close. The rear windows are not wind down type if anyone's thinking WTF?