Sign in to follow this  
Florin M

Ford Ka mk1 AC compressor not engaging

Hello,

I have Ford Ka from 2004 that I just purchased and I am trying to fix the AC system. 

I have checked the fuse and it was ok.

When i click the AC button with the fan on, I hear a relay clicking but I don't notice any extra load on the engine.

My guess is that there is something wrong related to the compressor clutch, and I am going to a garage tomorrow to get it checked out.

Any ideas what else could cause this?

I went to the garage and it was completely out of gas. After a full refil it started blowing cool air.

hope it stays working ok but there is a chance it will fail again, as, where did the previous gas go.

Yeah, that is a posibility, but since I don't know when was the last time it was recharged, I will have to chance it and hope it will blast cold for this summer at least.

I has same problem on 2001 ka, no gas in system, turned out to be a/c hose was rubbing against the exhaust and split the rubber hose.

Will keep that in mind, I have had the car for a couple of days and the AC still blows cold 🙂