Do Not Sell My Personal Information

21,000 Mile Mondeo For Sale in Mint Condition

Rocky Ward

I have a 1998, 1 previous owner Mondeo LX for sale.

It was always garaged by the old chap who owned it from new.

There is not a mark on it inside and out, it even has both of the supplying dealer's numberplates which is always a good sign.

I am looking to sell it, it is a nice looking reliable car that has hardly been used.

I have had several offers on it, some of which are just insulting.

I would really like it to go to a good home.

small_IMG_20200612_143031.jpg

• Like 1

Probably used only on a Sunday.

small_IMG_20200612_142948.jpg

• Like 1

Saw an episode of Midsomer Murders from series 4 last week, and Tom and Troy were driving about in a mk2. 

9 hours ago, Rocky Ward said:

Probably used only on a Sunday.

small_IMG_20200612_142948.jpg

Could use that rear wiper to go fishing on a Sunday 😅 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, nicam49 said:

Saw an episode of Midsomer Murders from series 4 last week, and Tom and Troy were driving about in a mk2. 

Some of them are still on the road too!  I mentioned one in the 'Do Like' thread a couple of weeks ago, then found another one this weekend!  Top spec Ghia X's as well! 

I suspect the thing putting people off this one is the basic spec tbh...  I'd guess it's also only the tiny 1.8 petrol seeing as there's no mention of engine size.  Low mileage can't improve either of those things sadly.

• Like 3

Yes it is the 1.8 Zetec.

Regardless of the spec it is still only 21,000 and in great shape inside and out.

Surely its worth more than the utter wrecks with 120,000 miles on from the same year that still sell for £600 or so.

If anyone fancies it make me an offer, I'd consider a p/x as well, Ford or otherwise.

• Like 1

You would hope so, and it does look like a cracker but like Tom says at the end of the day it's an old boggo Mondeo.  Not being horrible, just realistic.  If it was an ST24 or ST200 you would be ok I think.

• Like 1

Are there many parts that could be used on more desirable models ?

The body panels are all mint for example.

I don't think it would be worth breaking tbh, the parts of value are big engines, luxury interiors, sporty body kits and rare optional extras.  And while it's really not my bag, it would be a shame to break a low mileage example.  (I used to break cars btw)

You may need to wait a while for the right buyer.  How much have you been offered so far if you don't mind saying? 

• Like 3

Price depends if its got a current mot. Could be rotten underneath. 

Do not break it ..there will be somebody who will want this...i would imagine that it is pretty clean underneath...why have you not put up a price fella?..

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Is it too recent for Mathewsons auctions? 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club