Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Central Locking

Brown_Sugar

I have an 05 reg Ford Fiesta Zetec 1.4 and I have the problem where the car won't lock at all, whether it be by the key, from the inside or by the remote, the car just won't lock. The interior light stays on and the door open symbol on the dash stays on, but tyere are no door/boot open. This happens occassionally and can last for just a few minutes to a few hours, I have had a couple of people look at it and one even put a computer on it to do somethig but the fault is still there. I sthis happenign to anyone else or does anyone know how to rectfy this? Please help!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I have an 05 reg Ford Fiesta Zetec 1.4 and I have the problem where the car won't lock at all, whether it be by the key, from the inside or by the remote, the car just won't lock. The interior light stays on and the door open symbol on the dash stays on, but tyere are no door/boot open. This happens occassionally and can last for just a few minutes to a few hours, I have had a couple of people look at it and one even put a computer on it to do somethig but the fault is still there. I sthis happenign to anyone else or does anyone know how to rectfy this? Please help!!!!!!

sounds like faulty door contacts the little black squares or circles on the door if you push it in its supposed to tell tyhe car that the door is shut but if its faulty it will be telling the car its still open as a result youll have that light on the dash because the car thinks the doors open so its a faulty contact switch or dodgy wire to one of the contact switches common sense that a computer wont tell them take it back and tell them the door contact switch must be faulty its usually the drivers one biut its a process of elimination if swapping the driver one with a new one doesnt work then you replkace the old one and trty the passenger door until you find the faulty switch

sounds like faulty door contacts the little black squares or circles on the door if you push it in its supposed to tell tyhe car that the door is shut but if its faulty it will be telling the car its still open as a result youll have that light on the dash because the car thinks the doors open so its a faulty contact switch or dodgy wire to one of the contact switches common sense that a computer wont tell them take it back and tell them the door contact switch must be faulty its usually the drivers one biut its a process of elimination if swapping the driver one with a new one doesnt work then you replkace the old one and trty the passenger door until you find the faulty switch

Thank you, was beginning to think no one had any solutions for me. Sounds silly but where exactly on the doors are these sensors? Is eliminating the good sensors from the faulty one(s) something I could do myself or will it take a qualified technician to look at it?

Thank you, was beginning to think no one had any solutions for me. Sounds silly but where exactly on the doors are these sensors? Is eliminating the good sensors from the faulty one(s) something I could do myself or will it take a qualified technician to look at it?

when you open the door look at the pillar close to the driver seat where the catch is for the door lock you will see a square or round black rubber bit push it and it will be on a spring this is the contact the rubber peels back to reveal; the spring pin sometimes they are screwed on they are easy to do youreself you simply undo the screw holding the main poart of it on pull it out and youll see a wire clipped on the back remove the wire and then fit the new switch in reverse order and try it if the lights still staying on then you know the one you just took off is fine so use that to do the passenger door

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club